The S-960 utilizes Semacon's SmartCert leading edge technology including custom designed sensors to authenticate each banknote. The machine verifies the banknote paper density and size and checks both sides of the banknote for validity of the magnetic features, metameric infrared marks, ink properties and banknote infrared images. Banknote authenticity is based on an integral analysis of all measurements taken, providing the highest counterfeit detection accuracy available in a compact point of sale machine.
These machines are used by government and law enforcement agencies, banks, credit unions, casinos, retail stores and other industries. They feature compact size, heavy duty construction, accuracy and ease of use.
- Simple Pass/Fail indicator
- Banknotes are processed at a rate of 80 per minute
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery which enables the machine to be used with or without an AC power cord
- Belt holster for portability
- Easily upgraded to handle any future banknote releases which may be issued by the Federal Reserve Bank